A brief recap of what IdentityManager is all about:
IdentityManager is a tool for developers and/or administrators to manage the identity information for users of their applications. This includes creating users, editing user information (passwords, email, claims, etc.) and deleting users. It provides a modern replacement for the ASP.NET WebSite Administration tool that used to be built into Visual Studio.
Some features that IdentityManager provides:
- A browser based user interface as well as a RESTful API for managing user identity data
- Allows creating, deleting, and managing user identity data
- Claims as well as strongly typed properties are supported
- Allows managing role definitions
- Special support for MembershipReboot and ASP.NET Identity identity management systems
- Extensible API to allow for additional identity management systems such as ActiveDirectory, WAAD, LDAP and/or ASP.NET Membership (if you’re interesting in contributing, this would be a great area to help out with!)
- Designed as OWIN middleware to allow for flexible hosting
- Security model to authorize local users or users from an external OAuth2 authorization server
- Open source (BSD3)
Here are some updated screen shots:
- OWIN and Katana: The New HTTP Host for .NET Web Applications
- Securing ASP.NET Web API with OAuth2
- Identity Management in ASP.NET
Additionally I will be doing a full day workshop on Identity and Access Control for Modern Applications.
Hope to see you there.
Wow, I forgot to make post on this — sorry!
Next week (week of May 19th, 2014) I’ll be speaking at the Software Design & Development Conference in London. I have several sessions on security and web development. Also, Dominick and I have a day-long post-con workshop on Identity and Access Control. Hope to see you there!